Spacca Napoli - Italian Neapolitan Pizza in Seoul

A Sunday brunch in Spacca Napoli

After googling a few Italian restaurants in Seoul, this Sunday we decided to skip our breakfast and just having little late lunch at Spacca Napoli. It was a little bit cloudy and shower rainy in Seoul. Nevertheless, we went out and craved for pizza.




We took the subway heading Hapjeong station (Line 2 and 6) exit no. 4 or 5.
I am grateful that I find Naver map application here is very helpful for me as a foreigner that does not understand Korean. Naver map has English configuration and is pretty accurate for the navigation.

After a short walk from the subway exit, this Yanghwo road has pretty much restaurants and cafes around. The restaurant is located on the 2nd floor of a building. At the entrance, there is a sign of Spacca Napoli and in front of the door, there is a big tree. Heading up to the stairs, it is a pretty warm atmosphere with little decor on the stairs.

After opening the door, all the tables were occupied and we waited for 3 minutes for Sunday operation, it was pretty quick. After seated, they gave us the menu.  The menu basically is divided into a salad/antipasti, pizza, pasta, and beverage.


Picture from my 2nd visit when the restaurant is not yet full

The menu of Spacca Napoli (the year of 2018)

The wood oven pizza as the signature of the restaurant and little size of the hot kitchen for preparing the pasta and antipasti has given warm touch and ambience to the restaurant.


Here we can see the owner/pizza master certificates which he received from several competitions. It is pretty interesting.

After some time, we gave the order and they light on the tealight candle to keep the pizza warm later on.

I love pizza, I have eaten the original pizza from Bologna, Italy where the pizza has a thin crust.
But I haven't tried the Neapolitan pizza (Napoletana pizza) which the pizza has a chewy and fluffy crust. Here in Spacca, I really expect to have a good pizza and it really reached my expectation for a good pizza.

A simple Margherita can make me happy and I surely ordered Margherita just for me. See, how great the pizza is baked in the wood-oven. The evenly baked and caramelized golden color/burned of the puffed crust combined with the creamier melted mozzarella cheese, it is just mouthwatering.


Besides that, my partner has ordered salami plate and pizza Diavola.




The pizza is really creamy and very tasty. I enjoyed the chewiness and puffiness of the pizza crust. The price range for the pizza is 20,000 - 24,000 Won. It is pretty worthed for the great pizza in Seoul.

On my second visit, I tried the pasta amatriciana which is cooked with mushroom and broccoli. It is a little different from the classic amatriciana, on the other hand, it tasted good and needed just a little salt. Anyhow it is pretty known that in Korea they use less salt in most dishes. 




If you are curious to try it, please head on:
Address: 28, Yanghwo-ro 6-gil, Hapjeong-dong, Mapo-gu, Seoul
Phone: 02-326-2323


Comments