Little Chinatown in Daerim, Seoul

Strolling around the neighborhood here in Seoul is one of my activities during my relocation time.  It is a tremendous and interesting experience that I have done, I can find a lot of interesting things and activities that the locals (elder and younger) did.

I found out little Chinatown in Daerim. I never thought that I can find this little town here in this metropolitan city without googling it first. It is called as Daerim Central Market.
As part of the Chinese minority, I feel happy when I could find little home feelings even though it is quite strange to me.




Mini/little Chinatown in Daerim (Guro-gu office)
It can be reached with subway station (Line 2/7) with exit 12. As you out of the station, you will see many store signs with a mixture of Chinese and Korean language. 

In this neighborhood, you can find different kind of stores: daily needs supermarket, travel and ticket agency, money changer, hair salon/barber, pharmacy, household goods/supplies, and many more.  

Here you can here they communicate in Chinese and Korean. It is interesting for me to spend an early morning here. I can't speak Korean and here I can use little Chinese language that I know to communicate with the locals and understand the conversation.



Different kind of snacks and cooking ingredients from China could be found here. 



Strolling the traditional market where the locals sell fruit, vegetables, meat, and seafood. 





The highlight for the foodie, here you can find the Chinese snacks such as man thou/paozhi, twisted doughnuts, pancakes, Chinese marbled eggs, different kind of congee. 




 



Stalls with a different kind cooked meats, Chinese sausage, Korean Sundae 





Different kind of stalls selling the household items and clothes




The interesting one is in this area you may find the local restaurant that serves dog meat. For the one loves to try it, please go ahead to taste it. I am not brave enough to enjoy this delicacy. 


The store that sells the fresh dog meat
 

Besides that, in other parts of the road, there are few restaurants and coffee shops to hang out.


The money changer

Comments